Scuba bill .com
Even the animals love him!
About Scuba Bill
Scuba bill is a Padi certified Dive Master (DM# 441277) as well as qualified to lead PADI Discover Scuba. Scuba Bill is Green Fins certified as a dive leader. He is also an instructor for DAN (Instructor #2149222; CPR & First Aid; Diving First Aid for Professional Divers; First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life; Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Injuries and Diving Emergency Management Provider). He is also an Emergency First Response (EFR) instructor. Bill is also qualified to visually inspect tanks (PSI-PCI Inspector 32192).
Although he enjoys diving with all types of divers, his specialties are new, just certified and returning divers, including adults, teens and those still in the single digits of life.
If you've ever wondered what the underwater life is like or you took a scuba class but it has been a while, connect with Scuba bill!
Apart from his day job, which is unfortunately unrelated to scuba diving, Scuba bill is also a volunteer diver (and dive team leader) at the New York Aquarium, in Brooklyn, New York (https://nyaquarium.com/)
Some links to interesting articles:
- 4 year-old Tom Glackin visits NYAQ
- More time from your tank (how to breath)
- Why dive insurance?
- 11 ways to Equalize!
- More on equalizing
- And some more on equalizing
- Why Nitrox?
- Your first set of gear (a guide)
- Diving with Oceanic White tips (transferable to many shark species)
- I log every dive and here is why you should too!
- Why proper weighting is important and how to accomplish over time (hint: another reason to log your dives)
- Scuba diver & Open water diver, what's the difference?
- Why do we Scuba divers sometimes panic?
- Blood thinners and diving?
- SMB Deployment procedure
- Know your limits, plan your dive, dive your plan
- What do roly poly's look like at the bottom of the ocean?
- Anxiety, a reason not to dive?
- Batteries & Boat Safety
- Exploring Icy Waters for Biofluorescence
Another often asked question - is what sunscreen should I choose? This seems like a straightforward question - and often you will hear folks say - a "reef safe" one. …
July 25, 2020
In my most recent discover scuba class, a participant approached me to let me know that she had previously tried DSD and had not been able to complete it because of anxiety. …
January 30, 2020
As Aliyyah Eniath wrote, "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time." Even what may look like simple uninhabited sand could be creatures…
December 30, 2019
After mask clearing, equalizing your ears is the next most common concern and issue I hear from divers. There are a variety of equalization techniques and you should use the…
December 27, 2019
I recently attended a DAN training that had a very good video (also posted in the links page of this website - but here it is too: https://youtu.be/-daC10SMwjg). The more we…
December 27, 2019
Recently saw a good reminder in Sport Diver about how to deploy an SMB. I've added it to the links page, but also thought I'd put a few words down here in the blog. One of the…
December 23, 2019
Drop Scuba bill a line and he'll respond as quickly as he can. Thanks!